I want to share an annoying experience I had today in Union Bank, Chevron drive branch. At about 1.15pm today, November 10 2014, I tried to use the atm in this branch and behold none was working. The 1st ATM was not even powered on and the 2nd ATM did not have cash. This was during office hours and no ATM was working. All customers trying to use the ATM were disappointed and walked away. I wasn't happy at all considering the very hot sun that afternoon. Please banks should learn to be more success driven.
Sunday, 9 November 2014
The purpose of the project is to use biometric information as a means of first identifying and verifying all individuals that have account(s) in any Nigerian bank and consequently, as a means of authenticating customer’s identity at point of transactions. It will provide a uniform industrially accepted unique identity for Bank Customers, be used to authenticate transactions without the use of cards using only biometric features and PIN and an Identification of blacklisted customers.
HOW TO ENROLL:
- Walk into any branch of your Bank
- Fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
- An acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID is issued to you
- Within 24hours the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.